Peer2Peernews builds technologies and services that enable people to connect with each other, build communities, and grow businesses.
We don’t charge you to use Peer2Peernews or the other products and services covered by these Terms, unless we state otherwise. Instead, businesses and organizations, and other persons pay us to show you ads for their products and services. By using our Products, you agree that we can show you ads that we think may be relevant to you and your interests. We may use your personal data to help determine which personalized ads to show you.
We don’t sell your personal data to advertisers, and we don’t share information that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address or other contact information) with advertisers unless you give us specific permission. Instead, advertisers can tell us things like the kind of audience they want to see their ads, and we show those ads to people who may be interested. We provide advertisers with reports about the performance of their ads that help them understand how people are interacting with their content. See Section 2 below to learn more about how personalized advertising under these terms works on the Meta Products.
1. The services we provide
Our mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. To help advance this mission, we provide the Products and services described below to you
Your experience on Peer2PeerNews is personalized and highly controlled by you selection of what content you choose to have on the home page.
Creating a Peer Network:
We help you find and connect with people, businesses, organizations, and others that matter to you across the Peer2Peer website. We use data to make suggestions for you and others - such as people to follow or friends to interact with.
There are many ways to express yourself on Peer2peer news including creating discussions, sending messages, reposting content you like, or responding to other people's post or discussions.
We work hard to maintain the security (including the availability, authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality) of our products and services. Safeguards include flagging inappropriate posts from users. Also users can control news content through use of their trust settings.
We engage in research to develop, test, and improve our Products. This includes analyzing data we have about our users and understanding how people use our Products, for example by conducting surveys and testing and troubleshooting new features.
Ensuring access to our services:
To operate our global services and enable you to connect with people around the world, we need to transfer, store and distribute content and data to our data centers, partners, service providers, vendors and systems around the world, including outside your country of residence. The use of this global infrastructure is necessary and essential to provide our services. This infrastructure may be owned, operated, or controlled by Peer2PeerNews or its affiliates.
2. How our services are funded
Instead of paying to use Peer2PeerNews and the other products and services we offer, by using the Facebook Products covered by these Terms, you agree that we can show you ads that businesses and organizations pay us to promote on and off the Peer2PeerNews Products. We may use your personal data, such as information about your activity and interests, to show you ads that are more relevant to you.
Protecting people's privacy is central to how we've designed our ad system. This means that we can show you relevant and useful ads without telling advertisers who you are. We don't sell your personal data. We allow advertisers to tell us things like their business goal, and the kind of audience they want to see their ads (for example, people between the age of 18-35 who like cycling). We then show their ad to people who might be interested. Our peer2peer model allows an alternative method in which individual can pick the content creators where they want to advertise on and directly solicit an advertisement with them.
We may also provide advertisers with reports about the performance of their ads to help them understand how people are interacting with their content on and off Facebook. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers (for example, that an ad was seen by a woman between the ages of 25 and 34 who lives in Madrid and likes software engineering) to help them better understand their audience. We don’t share information that directly identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us specific permission.
We collect and use your personal data in order to provide the services described above to you. You may have controls over the types of ads and advertisers you see, and the types of information we use to determine which ads we show you. Also, if you are contacted from another user for an ad, you are allowed to accept or reject the ad request from that user.
3. Your commitments to meta and our community
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
1. Who can use Peer2peer
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you should:
- Provide for your account the same name that you use in everyday life, unless you are in a political situation in which that information may be harmful to yourself.
- Provide accurate information about yourself such as your city except if that information may provide harm to yourself.
- Create only one account (your own) and use it for personal purposes unless you plan to upgrade to a pro account in which multiple accounts can be based inside the primary account. This is useful for posting & curating content under different aliases depending on the content goals of the child account or subchannel.
- Not share your password, give access to your account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make Peer2Peer broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Facebook if:
- You are under 13 years old.
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We've previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or violated posting guidelines which includes posting anything racist, violent or violence promoting, disrespectful, or verifiably untrue. If we disable your account for a violation of our Terms, posting guidelines, or other terms and policies, you agree not to create another account without our permission. Receiving permission to create a new account is provided at our sole discretion, and does not mean or imply that the disciplinary action was wrong or without cause.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
2. What you can share and do on Peer2Peer News
We want people to use Peer2Peer News to express themselves and to share news that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
- You may not use our Products to do or share anything:
- That violates these Terms, the posting standards , or other terms and policies that apply to your use of our Products.
- That is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent (or assists someone else in using our Products in such a way).
- That you do not own or have the necessary rights to share.
- That infringes or violates someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights (such as by infringing another’s copyright or trademark, or distributing or selling counterfeit or pirated goods), unless an exception or limitation applies under applicable law.
- You may not upload viruses or malicious code, use the services to send spam, or do anything else that could disable, overburden, interfere with, or impair the proper working, integrity, operation, or appearance of our services, systems, or Products.
- You may not access or collect data from our Products using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
- You may not proxy, request, or collect Product usernames or passwords, or misappropriate access tokens.
- You may not sell, license, or purchase any data obtained from us or our services, except as provided in the Platform Terms.
- You may not misuse any reporting, flagging, dispute, or appeals channel, such as by making fraudulent, duplicative, or groundless reports or appeals.
We can remove or restrict access to content that is in violation of these provisions. We can also suspend or disable your account for conduct that violates these provisions, as provided in Section 4.B. If we remove content that you have shared in violation of the posting Standards, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons. For information on account suspension or termination, see Section 4.B below. To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellect property rights ) or our terms and policies, if this feature exists in your jurisdiction. We also can remove or restrict access to content features, services, or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate misuse of our services or adverse legal or regulatory impacts to Peer2Peer News.
3. The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content you create and share:
Currently Peer2Peer News does not support video or picture content. But if it did, that content may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You retain ownership of the intellectual property rights (things like copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create and share on Peer2Peer News assuming it’s not reposted articles. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a "license") to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our Products and services as described in Section 1 above. Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy settings). This means, for example, that if you share a photo or newly approved news article on Peer2Peer News, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings). This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems.
You can delete individual content you share, post, and upload at any time. In addition, all content posted to your personal account will be deleted if you delete your account. Account deletion does not automatically delete content that you post as an admin of a page or content that you create collectively with other users, such as photos in Shared Albums which may continue to be visible to other album members.
It may take up to 90 days to delete content after we begin the account deletion process or receive a content deletion request. If you send content to trash, the deletion process will automatically begin in 30 days unless you chose to delete the content sooner. While the deletion process for such content is being undertaken, the content is no longer visible to other users. After the content is deleted, it may take us up to another 90 days to remove it from backups and disaster recovery systems.
Content will not be deleted within 90 days of the account deletion or content deletion process beginning in the following situations:
- where your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it (in which case this license will continue to apply until that content is deleted);
- where deletion within 90 days is not possible due to technical limitations of our systems, in which case, we will complete the deletion as soon as technically feasible;
- where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to;
- investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems);
- protect the safety, integrity, and security of our Products, systems, services, our employees, and users, and to defend ourselves;
- comply with legal obligations for the preservation of evidence to comply with any record keeping obligations required by law;
- comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency; in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
- Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored or commercial content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on Peer2Peer News next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored or commercial content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show your Peers that you are interested in something advertised or News liked or have liked an Author or advertiser created by someone who has paid us.
- Though software does not exist, when it does, you give us permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where available.
- In situations for Duplicate posts for articles , credit is given to contributors of the platform who are pro users or editor's choice, consisting of more established news and media outlets.
Limits on using our intellectual property.
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to content you create or share on Peer2Peer News), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, translate, create derivative works of, decompile, or reverse engineer our products or their components, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless an exception or limitation applies under applicable law or your conduct relates to finding a bug or code vulnerability. If you do please tell us do we can fix it & if funds are available reimburse you.
4. Additional provisions
Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our Products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices, to promote a safe and secure experience on our Products and services, and/or to comply with applicable law. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our Products.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Facebook community, you can delete your account at any time.
Account suspension or termination
We want Peer2Peer News to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine, in our discretion, that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our Terms or Policies, including in particular the posting Standards, we may suspend or permanently disable your access to Peer2Peer Products, and we may permanently disable or delete your account. We may also disable or delete your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights or where we are required to do so for legal reasons.
We may disable or delete your account if after registration your account is not confirmed, your account is unused and remains inactive for an extended period of time, or if we detect someone may have used it without your permission and we are unable to confirm your ownership of the account.
Where we take such action we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request a review, unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
If you delete or we disable or delete your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place: 3, 4.2-4.5.
Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best Products we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our Products, however, are provided "as is," and we make no guarantees that they always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues might arise with our Products. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Peer2Peer Products (however caused and on any theory of liability, including negligence), even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Peer2Peer Products will not exceed the greater of $0 or the amount you have paid us in the past six months.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it's useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
You and Peer2Peer News each agree that any claim, cause of action, or dispute between us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or your access or use of the Peer2Peer Products shall be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for Ohio or a state court located in Cuyahoga or Lake. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the State of Ohio will govern these Terms and any claim, cause of action, or dispute without regard to conflict of law provisions. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you agree that, in its sole discretion, Peer2Peer News may bring any claim, cause of action, or dispute we have against you in any competent court in the country in which you reside that has jurisdiction over the claim.
- These Terms (formerly known as the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities) make up the entire agreement between you and Peer2Peer News, Inc. regarding your use of our Products. They supersede any prior agreements.
- Some of the Products we offer are also governed by supplemental terms. If you use any of those Products, supplemental terms will be made available and will become part of our agreement with you. For instance, if you access or use our Products for commercial or business purposes, such as buying ads, selling products, developing apps, managing a group or Page for your business, or using our measurement services, you must agree to our Commercial Terms when they become available.
- If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the unenforceable portion will be deemed amended to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable, and if it can’t be made enforceable, then it will be severed and the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- You may designate a person (called a legacy contact)(feature yet to come) to manage your account if it is memorialized. If you enable it in your settings, only your legacy contact or a person who you have identified in a valid will or similar legal document expressing clear consent to disclose your content to that person upon death.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- We may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life).
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But we may use feedback and other suggestions without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.