3 Salem men accused in February Keizer Station shooting
May 22, 2026
A group of men last February fired at least 39 shots, wrongly targeting a vehicle in Keizer Station that they thought carried people they were having a confrontation with, according to a police affidavit.
They instead fired at a passenger vehicle carrying a Salem family on its way home, wounding
the father who was driving in the head. He later had one bullet surgically removed from his head and he is recovering.
The new details about the shooting emerged as police last week arrested three Salem men in connection with the incident.
The incident
On Feb. 9, Mario Garcia-Gonzalez, a delivery driver from Salem, was driving in his red Honda with his wife and two children after stopping at In-N-Out Burger at Keizer Station. They had stopped at the intersection of Northeast Ulali Drive and Keizer Station Boulevard, on their way home when the attack came.
According to an affidavit by Lt. Tim Lathrop of the Keizer Police Department, three men rode in a car to the burger outlet that night after one of them was “having a dispute with unknown person(s) via social media.”
That person said they were in a red car and getting ready to leave the area of In-N-Out Burger, the affidavit said.
Video recorded the three men hiding in a courtyard at the intersection and then firing “several rounds” at the family’s car. Police later recovered 39 casings, the affidavit said.
Police later recovered video showing the other party may have been in a white passenger car, not a red one.
One of the men later arrived at Salem Hospital with a gunshot wound in the stomach, the affidavit said.
Another suspected shooter later told Lathrop that he fired five shots at the family’s car, using a gun he stole two weeks earlier.
Three face charges
Officers from the Keizer Police Department and the Salem Police Department made two arrests Wednesday, May 13, at two locations in Salem.
Ethan A. Armenta-Langunas, 20, of Salem, was arrested in a pre-dawn SWAT operation at an apartment complex on Southeast Madras Street. He has been charged with first-degree assault, first-degree criminal mischief, second-degree assault, unlawful use of a weapon and three counts of recklessly endangering another person.
He is being held without bail in the Marion County Jail.
Gabriel “Alex” Javier, 18, of Salem, was arrested by Keizer police in east Salem at a location on Southeast Monroe Avenue. He also has been charged with first-degree assault, first-degree criminal mischief, second-degree assault, unlawful use of a weapon and three counts of recklessly endangering another person.
He is being held without bail in the Marion County Jail.
Keizer police said they seized this gun at a south Salem apartment on Wednesday, May 13, while arresting a suspect in a February shooting at Keizer Station. (KEIZEER POLICE DEPARTMENT photo)
Police after Wednesday’s arrests announced they were seeking a third suspect, identified in a Keizer Police Department press release as Anthony Taylor-Manriquez, 22, of Salem, who “should be considered armed and dangerous.”
Police said Taylor-Manriquez subsequently surrendered at the Marion County Jail on Friday, May 15.
Court records show Taylor-Manriquez was arrested in 2022 in another gun-related case. He was charged with two counts of unlawful use of a weapon and two counts of attempted third-degree assault involving two victims. Salem police couldn’t readily provide information about the crime, but the case was dismissed by prosecutors after witnesses failed to appear before a grand jury.
That case may be revived, according to Brendan Murphy, Marion County chief deputy district attorney.
“We will now be making decisions on whether to force attendance,” Murphy said.This story was originally published in Keizertimes.
STORY TIP OR IDEA? Send an email to Salem Reporter’s news team: [email protected].
SIGN UP: Independent reporting gives Salem a stronger voice and holds those in power accountable on issues ranging from homelessness to health care. Be part of that work by becoming a subscriber. Subscribe today.
The post 3 Salem men accused in February Keizer Station shooting appeared first on Salem Reporter.
...read more
read less