19yearold charged with murder for July 2024 killing of Fort Wayne man
Apr 01, 2025
FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - A 19-year-old is now the prime suspect in the homicide of a young man eight months ago.
Tuesday, the Fort Wayne Police Department announced Cameron Kizer Jr. faces a murder charge in connection to the killing of a 20-year-old last summer. Kizer is already in Westville Co
rrectional Facility on an unrelated battery conviction, according to the press release from FWPD.
Kizer's newest charge traces back to a homicide in the 3900 block of Warsaw Street on July 25, 2024. Someone called 911 and said a relative had been shot around midnight.
The Allen County Coroner identified the victim as Jathen Maxwell. He died from gunshot wounds to the head and hip.
According to Allen Superior Court documents filed March 31, Kizer allegedly posted the phrase "head shot" on social media just after the shooting.
Investigators found about 27 9-millimeter shell casings at the scene, according to court documents.
Just hours later, Kizer posted a YouTube video of him rapping, allegedly alluding to the homicide. Kizer could be seen bragging about shooting and killing people in the video. According to court documents, Kizer said in the video, "I gotta finish the beef they started. You get a low on bro then call me.”
A witness told police Kizer had been threatening Maxwell "for a while," including threats on social media as recently as a week before the killing, according to court documents.
Witnesses also claimed Kizer didn't act alone.
A female who was not identified in court documents admitted to police Kizer had asked her to help "set up" Maxwell for a robbery. Kizer also allegedly had peers get him a stolen car to use. ...read more read less