Several injured in shooting, crash on I95 in Philadelphia: Police
Mar 29, 2025
A shooting investigation had closed a stretch of Interstate 95 in Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
According to Pennsylvania State Police, around 2:30 a.m., on Saturday, March 29, troopers responded to reports of a two-vehicle crash on I-95 northbound between Bridge St. and Cottman Ave.
A
t the scene, police said troopers found a 2009 white Acura TL abandoned in the right lane of I-95 northbound. The Acura had heavy rear-end damage and multiple bullet holes throughout the vehicle.
Police said several yards behind the Acura was a red Ford Mustang with heavy front-end damage and several bullet holes in the front windshield.
According to police, the driver of the Ford Mustang — a 21-year-old year man — sustained a gunshot wound to the head and was transported to the hospital for treatment. A passenger of the Ford Mustang — another a 21-year-old man — was also transported to the hospital to be treated for injuries sustained during the crash.
Police said investigators later learned that the driver of the Acura — a 26-year-old man — had been picked up from the scene and driven to the hospital to be treated for a gunshot wound to his upper left leg.
According to police, investigators believe a third vehicle was involved in the incident and fled the scene before police arrived.
I-95 northbound was closed for several hours while investigators processed the scene, but it is back open now.
I-95 NB is closed between Exit 25: Allegheny Ave./Castor Ave. and Exit 30: Cottman Ave./Rhawn St. due to police activity. Motorist should consider alternate routes and allow for additional travel time. Traffic information can be found at https://t.co/L4k64xbIg6.ASL Link:— Philadelphia OEM (@PhilaOEM) March 29, 2025
Sign up for our Breaking newsletter to get the most urgent news stories in your inbox.
...read more read less